Samsung Omnia 2 coming to Verizon
Verizon may not have the iPhone (yet). But later this year it will have the Samsung Omnia 2, which may be the next best thing to an iPhone 3G S if you're a Verizon subscriber.
Verizon may not have the iPhone 3G S, but the sequel to Samsung's popular iPhone pretender, the, will be coming to Verizon later this year, Samsung announced at an event on Monday in Manhattan. As for the exact timing of the Omnia 2's launch, that's still up in the air, as Samsung reps said that Verizon had a tight leash on what info could--and couldn't--release at this time.
But here's what we know, and it looks pretty good:
- 65K WVGA AMOLED Display (3.7-inch, 480 x 800--largest AMOLED display yet in a phone)
- Advanced R-type Touch Screen
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (upgradeable to WM 6.5)
- 5-megapixel CMOS camera with autofocus and face-detection, plus geotagging and a photo editor
- Video recording at 30fps@720x480, plus video editor (trim video, audio dubbing, live dubbing, add subtitle)
- Audio supported: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WMDRM, OMA DRM 2.1, plus FM radio
- Video supported: DivX, XviD, H.263, H.264, WMV9, MPEG4
- A-GPS with Navigation (3D Map)/LBS
- TouchWiz 2.0 UI with Mobile Widget/3D Media Gate
- Multitask manager/3D Interactive Games
- Bluetooth Stereo Headset (A2DP)
- 2GB/8GB/16GB of internal memory (3 different models)
- microSDHC expansion slot (up to 32GB)
- Up to 10 hours (3G) talk time
- Up to 430 hours (3G) standby time
- Dimensions: 4.65 x 2.36 x 0.47 inches (HWD)
Let us know what you think of the new Omnia 2, Omnia Lite and Omnia Pro, which has a slide-out keyboard.