Samsung may soon launch new Galaxy to take on iPhone
Reports suggest Samsung will unveil a new high-end Galaxy model next month to challenge the upcoming iPhone. Also, Apple may need more time to make the iWatch, and Google's Ingress game invades iOS.
CNET Update awaits a new breed of Galaxy:
In this tech-news roundup:
- Samsung could be cooking up yet another Galaxy phone to take on the iPhone 6. Reports suggest this model will be revealed next month, and it is designed to be better than the current flagship Galaxy S5 smartphone. It could be called Galaxy Alpha or the Galaxy S5 Prime.
- We may be waiting longer for Apple's smartwatch. A recent analyst report forecasts Apple's iWatch won't go into mass production until November.
- iTunes customers can watch bonus movie material directly from Apple TV. iTunes Extras is now accessible from Apple TV, and later this year it will come to iOS devices.
- Android users can now attach files from Google Drive into a Gmail message.
- iPhone owners can now play Google's Ingress, an augmented-reality game based on your location.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.