Random Sampler: Web 2.0 in the enterprise, Ruby on Rails gets cash, and more
A random walk around the web.
Today has proved to be much busier than expected, but there were a few interesting articles worth exploring:
- First, 63 percent of IT departments surveyed by Forrester "expect social technologies to impact the business world." The other 37 percent apparently don't realize just how much time their employees are wasting each day on MySpace. :-)
- Ruby on Rails hosting and optimization company Engine Yard just nabbed a $15 million Series B round of financing from NEA, Amazon.com, and Benchmark. This makes a total of $18.5 million raised so far.
- Finally, Apple sold over 1 million 3G iPhones in the first weekend alone, which is impressive given how hard they were to get for many of us. This is particularly interesting given that the overall handset market is contracting. Apple is swimming against the tide, as great products and companies do in difficult times.