For users that require the ability to batch process images in order to change their sizes, this quick tip will show you how to do just that using Mac OS X's Preview application. Users can also batch rotate and flip their images if needed.
To batch process your images in Preview:
- In a Finder window, select all the image files you wish to process. Double-click to open them in Preview (Note: if Preview is not set as the default application to open your image files, you can change that by selecting an image, pressing (Command + i) and changing the Open with setting to Preview. You can then select "Change all" to apply the setting to all files of that type.)
- With all the image files opened in Preview (you should see the image thumbnails appear in the right sidebar), select all the thumbnails you wish to change (Command + A to select all).
- From the Tools menu, select Adjust Size.
- Choose the settings you wish to apply to your images from the dialogue window.
- After adjusting your settings, save your images and you're all set.