Paul Ceglia, the guy who in 2003 commissioned Mark Zuckerberg to work on a Web site that he says now entitles him to 50 percent of Facebook, is fighting back in response to Facebook's request to get the case thrown out of court.
Last last month, Facebook said it hadbetween Zuckerberg and Ceglia, and Facebook's attorneys charged that the entire "lawsuit is a fraud and a lie."
So now Ceglia is asking the court to dismiss Facebook's request to dismiss the case. The filling dated April 1, in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, argues that Facebook's request for dismissal was based on "disputed factual issues," and that Ceglia hasn't been given enough time for discovery.
Check out the filing below.
After a hearing today at U.S. District Court in Buffalo, N.Y, Magistrate Judge Leslie Foschio denied in part a motion by Facebook and Zuckerberg to stay discovery so that Ceglia's legal team can now gather more information regarding Facebook's request to have the case dropped.
In a statement, a spokesperson for Ceglia's legal team said:
We are pleased that the judge has ruled that this discovery should proceed, and we are hopeful that once we have obtained and presented this information, the court will deny the defendants' motions to dismiss and allow the case to proceed to full discovery and an eventual trial.
Update: 3:35 p.m. PT, to include the outcome of a hearing today.