The Puppet framework provides a means to describe IT infrastructure as policy, execute that policy to build services then audit and enforce ongoing changes to the policy. Basically Puppet makes infrastructure management dramatically easier.
In this episode:
- What is Puppet and who uses it (Digg, Google, lots of others)
- How to explain Puppet to business-jerks like me and Matt
- How does Luke as an engineer think about open source business models
- The big problem of cloud computing without centralized management
- The value of high-quality technology and effective IT management
- How does a guy like Luke figure out the commercial strategy for his open source project
- We find out that our guests don't listen to us
- Your choice of open source license has a huge impact on your business
The opening music this week is 'Fix up, look sharp' from Dizzee Rascal's Boy in da Corner and the closing music is Drinkin' and Gamblin' from NJ legends Barbecue Bob and the Spareribs. I hope you all appreciate the level of effort involved in these musical selections.