The latest update to
If you have not yet installed any updates for Office 2011, this update requires that you have Service Pack 1 installed, so some people may see two consecutive updates for Office available through the AutoUpdate utility.
With this update, the Office 2011 license is now available as a subscription, matching the offerings of Office 2013 for Windows. This service gives the suite greater integration with Microsoft's SkyDrive and SharePoint cloud storage solution for sharing and collaboration of documents, and more compatibility with other aspects of its Office 365 service.
Specifically, the update includes the following fixes and new features:
- Coauthoring session with Microsoft PowerPoint Web App and Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which all updates during a coauthoring session with the PowerPoint Web App client come through as conflicts.
- After token expires, does not prompt for credentials in Microsoft Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue that causes Outlook for Mac not to prompt for credentials after the Kerberos token expires.
- Calibri Light font not included in Office for Mac
Fixes an issue in which Mac users experienced poor rendering of Office 2013 shared documents. The Calibri Light font resources are now included with the latest update.
- SetupUI is shown to user on start after Office for Mac is already activated
Fixes an issue in which, upon startup, the user is prompted to reactivate the subscription when multiple Office for Mac applications start.
- Saving files to SkyDrive and SharePoint in Microsoft Word for Mac
Fixes an issue that causes an incorrect name to be suggested when you save a Word for Mac document to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
- Folder contains excess white space: Error 1025 in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which folder names with leading white-space characters are not accepted for Gmail accounts.
- XLIST command that is used by Gmail is deprecated in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which the discontinued XLIST command for Gmail uses the IMAP List Extension for Special User Mailboxes to detect special-use folders.
- Local group mail cannot be sent in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issues in which messages that are addressed to local contact groups in Outlook for Mac cannot be sent.
- Remote devices lose control while in Presentation Mode in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which keyboards and remotes may lose control in a PowerPoint for Mac slide show.
- File format extension support in PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 content may be lost when it is saved in PowerPoint for Mac 2011.
- Searching continues after user cancels in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which item searches in Outlook for Mac continue in the background after the user cancels the searches within the application.
- Items go into Junk Mail in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which messages that are sent from an account that is present in the Blocked Sender list in Outlook for Mac are displayed in Junk Mail instead of in Sent Items.
- Blocked Senders List under Junk Email Protection in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which the wrong senders are blocked for certain kinds of accounts and account formatting in the Blocked Senders list under Junk Email Protection.
With this integration into the Office 365 service, Office 2011 for Mac can now be subscribed to for $99 per year or $10 per month, and be installed on up to five different computers.