Putting 802.11n hardware in Core Duo Macs 802.11n-ready hardware is only built into the following Macs:
- MacBook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo
- MacBook with Intel Core 2 Duo
- Mac Pro with AirPort Extreme option
- iMac with Intel Core 2 Duo (except the 17-inch, 1.83GHz iMac)
However, MacBidoulle has posted (warranty-voiding) instructions for transplanting 802.11n cards from Mac Pros to older Core Duo-based Intel-based Macs. It remains to be seen whether third parties or Apple will begin offering the card for separate purchase.
Apple Knowledge Base updates
- #305100 What is a Transitional Security Network (TSN)?
- #30509 Automatically trained SpamAssassin databases are unused
- #305091 Mail Database and Store sizes are not updated in Server Admin
- #305141 AirPort Extreme (802.11n): Use AirPort Utility, only, to configure the AirPort Extreme (802.11n) base station
- #305056 About Daylight Saving Time changes in 2007