Office 2007 for Windows uses new file format, compatibility package for Mac versions of Office coming Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows uses a slew of new file formats that are natively incompatible with previous editions of Office for both Mac OS X and Windows.
For previous Windows versions of Office, a compatibility pack has been released that allows opening and limited editing of the new document format. For previous Mac OS X versions of Office, a similar compatibility pack is on the way.
We're seeking an interim solution for users who need to access these new file formats on Macs today. If you have any information, please let us know.
Knowledge Base updates
- #300515 Logic Pro 7: How to export songs for earlier versions of Logic
- #302070 Logic Pro 7: Ultrabeat, EXS24 or Audio Unit instrument not triggered by virtual keyboard
- #304866 Final Cut Pro: Unexpected Quit with P2 import
- #304508 Error 1415, 1417, 1418, or 1428 when restoring or updating an iPod in iTunes 7 or later
- #302942 Mac OS X Server: Authentication issues with DIGEST-MD5, "SASL error -13"
- #25807 Minimizing how often you see "Optimizing System Performance" during software installation