We know that one of the hottest Google Android phones out there is the one you can't get yet. Well, unless you're a Google employee of course. So the question remains, when will the general public be able to get a Nexus One of their very own? Well, according to the latest rumor, it could be as early as January 5.
A tipster told Engadget Mobile on Wednesday that the Nexus One will be available on that date but by invite only. The invitations will be sent out by Google but the tipster didn't have any information as to how the company is deciding who to send the invites to and no word on pricing. It seems a little suspect to us, but hey, we know Google likes to pull surprises.
In addition to a possible release date, Engadget Mobile posted full specs for the smartphone:
- Android 2.1
- , quad-band GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3.7-inch WVGA AMOLED touch screen
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and video recording
- 512MB RAM/512MB Flash; expandable up to 32GB
- 1400mAh lithium ion battery