Song gives away tunes A CBS MarketWatch story covers a promotion from low-cost airline Song where customers buying a ticket between August 1 and 12, 2004 (for travel September 7 through October 6, 2004) will be awarded one of three gifts upon completion of their travel. The gifts are "100 song downloads at the iTunes(R) Music Store(R) for customers who book one roundtrip flight; One Epiphone Les Paul Junior Guitar from Gibson(R) for customers whobook two roundtrip flights in the same itinerary; and One Apple(R) iPod(R) mini -- in Song's signature green -- for three roundtrip flights booked in the same itinerary." More.
Mobile phones: the next iPods The New York Times and Forbes cover a new agreement between Apple and Motorola that will allow future Motorola mobile phones to play songs from the iTunes Music Service, making them the first third-party hardware to be able to play protected AAC files. More and more.
O'Reilly OS X Conference registration available Registration has opened for O'Reilly's Mac OS X Conference, taking place October 25-28 in Santa Clara, CA. "Early Bird" registration fees are available until September 10. More.
The Great Mod Challenge The MacMod website has announced their Great Mod Challenge, with prizes going to the best mods in each of four categories: Internal Mods, External Mods, Peripheral Mods, and Software Mods. More.
Previously on MacFixIt:
- Mail.app and other applications forgetting passwords (#2)
- Fake .Mac spoof e-mail circulating
- More confirmation of Radeon 9800-related disk mounting issues, another solution
- PowerBook G4 12": Case warping
- Odds and Ends: Apple Knowledge Base translated to French; Problems accessing AppleCare site; more
- Utilities Updates: Informator Pro 1.8; REALbasic 5.5.3; Data Recycler X 1.3.2; more
- New and Noteworthy: IBM readies dual-core PowerPC processors; Aladdin Systems changes name to Allume; more