LG looks to be building up its 3D and big-screen TV line-ups for the spring 2010 season.
CNET has seen what's purported to be the spring 2010 product roadmap for LG's TV and home theater line. To date, LG hasn't outlined any exact release dates beyond its CES announcements, and to my knowledge didn't plan to do so for at least another month or so. (Panasonic has provided more specifics on its , and new are beginning to pop up at online retailers.)
In addition to current LG models, the roadmap contains specific SKUs and screen sizes for models that were announced at the
- 3D-compatible LX9500 series, apparently the same as the , is shipping the second week of May.
- A second 3D-compatible series, unannounced at CES and dubbed LX6500, will ship about the same time.
- The company plans a 72-inch (!) LCD for late June release.
- 3D glasses ship a month earlier, in mid-April.
- The "video call camera" accessory, presumably for , hits in mid-May.
- The company is joining Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung in shipping a 3D Blu-ray player, the BD580 (May), to coincide with its 3D TVs.
When contacted by CNET to verify this information, a spokesperson for LG stated, "We cannot confirm the specifics of products that haven't been announced." In other words, don't make purchase decisions based on these alleged products, the details and release schedules of which can change without notice. That said, we'd be surprised if we didn't hear official details on at least some of these products within the next few weeks and months.