Regular Cheapskate readers are no stranger to game bundles. When I sees one I likes, I share.
Pony up at least a buck and you get these four excellent games:
- Catan: The app edition of the immensely popular (and immensely awesome) strategy boardgame Settlers of Catan.
- Riptide GP2: High-speed river races on souped-up WaveRunner-style hydro jets? Yes, please.
- Vector: A parkour-inspired endless runner set in a dystopian future. (Like there's any other kind?) I was seriously addicted to this game last year.
- Zombie Gunship: An ingenious twist on the stale kill-all-zombies formula, this riveting game tasks you to mow 'em down from the skies.
If you pay at least the average purchase price (currently $3.65), you'll get two more games:
- Badland Premium: The celebrated side-scrolling platformer with every single in-app purchase unlocked.
- Breach & Clear: A tactical shooter with elements of Rainbow Six and XCOM.
I haven't played the latter, but Badland is simply exquisite.
All told, the bundle has a value of about $37. Breach & Clear all by itself costs $3.99, so you can think of this as buying that game and getting five more for free.
In any case, Humble Bundle donates a portion of your purchase (you decide what percentage) to charity, which makes this both a killer deal and a worthy cause. You can even buy a bundle to give as a gift.
I'm in. As someone who recently migrated from iOS to Android (and lived to tell the tale!), I'll take all the great games I can get. Especially at this price.
Bonus deal: Speaking of bundles, could you use some good reading material for the upcoming weekend? StoryBundle lets you name your own price for its Epic Fantasy Bundle, which includes six DRM-free e-books from the likes of Peter David and Neil Gaiman. Pay at least $12 to get three bonus books. As with Humble Bundle, you get to divert a portion of your payment to charity.
Deals found on The Cheapskate are subject to availability, expiration, and other terms determined by sellers.
Want to know more about The Cheapskate blog and how it works? Read our FAQ.