Motorola's consumer handset chief resigns

Rob Shaddock will be replaced by company veteran John Cipolla in what is expected to be a "seamless" transition, handset maker says. (By David Meyer of ZDNet UK)

Motorola has confirmed that its head of consumer mobile products, Rob Shaddock, has resigned from the company.

On Wednesday, a company representative told ZDNet.co.uk that Shaddock, who became a senior vice president in the mobile devices division in April this year, had been a "valued member of the team." Shaddock will be replaced by Motorola veteran John Cipolla in what is expected to be a "seamless" transition, the representative said.

Motorola's handset division is in the process of being spun off from the rest of the company. Ex-Qualcomm executive Sanjay Jha took over as chief executive of the division at the start of this month.

The last year or two have proven fraught for the Chicago-area communications equipment manufacturer, which is generally perceived as not having had a hit in the marketplace since the Razr in 2004. Several key figures have resigned over the past 12 months, including two chief technology officers, a strategy chief, and a chief executive.

David Meyer of ZDNet UK reported from London.

About the author
 

Discuss Motorola's consumer handset chief resigns

Conversation powered by Livefyre

Show Comments Hide Comments
Latest Articles from CNET
'Zoolander 2' trailer features, wait, Stephen Hawking?