Today, Motorola showed off a portfolio of new and some not-so-new cell phones and smart phones at a press event in New York. Along with the unveiling of the , the company announced that the Motorola Q 9 (nee Motorola Q q9) would be available starting this week...in Italy. What the?! Motorola said it expected the Q 9 to ship in other parts of the world this summer, and let's hope this includes the United States. The Moto Q 9 will run
Other highlights of the smart phone include:
- Support for up to eight corporate and/or personal e-mail accounts, including AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail
- Integrated Bluetooth with support for the A2DP profile for stereo Bluetooth headsets
- A 2-megapixel camera with 8X zoom and video-recording capabilities at 15 frames per second
- Texas Instrument OMAP 2420 processor and 96MB of RAM; 256MB flash memory and a microSD expansion slot (accepts up to 2GB cards)
- Revamped design (a bulkier one at that, we have to say) with new QWERTY keyboard and seven dedicated one-touch keys to access the Web, e-mail, camera, and so forth.
Motorola also made mention of the GSM