MobileMe service updates
MobileMe has released a service update affecting iDisk, Find My iPhone, and contacts.
MobileMe has released a service update affecting iDisk, Find My iPhone, and contacts. The bulk of the changes affect the iDisk section of MobileMe, including interface updates to the Public folder page that make it look like the rest of me.com and enables drag and drop for moving files between folders (when activated for visitors). The update also allows users to access another member's MobileMe Public folder from the me.com interface.
Other updates to the MobileMe service, as outlined in a recent Apple support article, include:
Find My iPhone
- New Public folder page located at http://public.me.com/membername now matches the look of me.com and supports drag and drop of files between folders (when enabled for visitors)
- Allowing visitors to upload, move, and delete files on your Public folder can now be set from www.me.com/idisk
- An iDisk Public folder password can now be set from www.me.com/idisk
- When logging in to a password-protected Public folder with a web browser, entering the generic username "public" is no longer required
- Adds ability to connect to another member's Public folder while viewing your own iDisk at me.com
- Adds Find My iPhone icon to the MobileMe toolbar at me.com
- Adds new URL to go directly to Find My iPhone: http://www.me.com/findmyiphone
- Resolves an issue where exporting multiple contacts may result in an incomplete set of contacts