Microsoft updates Office:Mac 2008 to 12.2.3
Microsoft has updated the Office:Mac 2008 collection of productivity applications to version 12.2.3, fixing security and stability issues.
More information regarding this update, including specific update information for each program in the Microsoft Office:Mac 2008 suite can be found in this knowledge base article from Microsoft. Users can download the update here. Highlights include:
- This update fixes an issue that causes Word to close unexpectedly in the following scenarios:
- You accept tracked changes in a document.
- You are working on documents that contain two separate language settings, and you run the Italian grammar check.
- You try to save a Newsletter template as a .doc document.
- Stability is improved with Document Connection. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection not to open some files or to display an error in the following scenarios:
- The files do not have an associated start application.
- The files have an equal sign (=) in the file name.
- Multiple files that have different file types are checked out.