Though there was some confusion initially, Final Cut Express is indeed compatible with the MacBook's Intel GMA 950 graphics chipset, and Apple has updated its list of requirements for Express to indicate so.
Final Cut Pro will install on MacBooks, and most functions will operate properly but the software is not officially supported on these machines.
- Do-it-yourself hard drive replacement instructions
- Excessive heat: Usage notes, cooling pads and more
- Final Cut Express is supported by GMA 950 chipset
- Irritating noises; eliminating
- Keyboard suddenly stops working
- Matched RAM pairs can come from different manufacturers
- Poor speaker output: Software-based workarounds
- Projector issues
- Release notes
- Sudden shutdowns -- possible fix
- Trackpad button "mushy", not registering clicks -- solutions
- Vertical lines appear on screen during startup
- Wireless (AirPort) dropouts -- fixes