With the World of Warcraft expansionbeing released in a couple of weeks, I'll probably be spending a lot more time in front of my computer, getting less sleep and probably gaining a couple of extra pounds. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, which is why for the sake of significant others everywhere, I've made the decision to talk about the following product with a great deal of trepidation.
Available starting at $150, the Easy Chair Mount allows those of us who just can't pull ourselves away from our computers to not have to. The mount allows you to indirectly attach an LCD to a couch or chair by hooking it to a metal arm. The arm then attaches to a base that is inserted under the legs of the chair or couch.
According to the maker, features of the mount include:
- Compatible with most LCD monitors
- Reversible--works on either left or right side of chair or couch
- Assembles in less than 10 minutes
- Powder-coated black satin finish
- Cables run through wire management conduit for neat appearance
- Quality aluminum construction
- Arm has 22 inches of horizontal range
- Arm rotates 360 degrees at three joints
- Monitor tilter mechanism can tilt more than 200 degrees
- Vesa-monitor compatible
- 75mm and 100mm Vesa bolt patterns are supported
Not that you couldn't just use a laptop, but this is a little more "control center-ish" and therefore more geeky. Also, the fact that the arm resembles the aliens from War of the Worlds doesn't hurt.
The upshot with this contraption is that it would allow you to join the family in the living room from time to time; unfortunately that's the bad part as well. When you're trying to be the first person to level to 80, the less distractions the better.