Lessons learned from the new Knight Rider
CNET Car Tech watches the new Knight Rider movie, and takes away some valuable lessons.
Knight Rider returned last weekend in a made-for-TV movie/pilot with a new car, the Knight Industries Three Thousand (still K.I.T.T.), and a new, young driver. Of course we watched it, and would like to say we learned a lot about the world and ourselves. But the lessons we took away from the new Knight Rider were more specific to driving a high-tech car while fighting crime, something we do at CNET Car Tech almost every day (except for the fighting crime part).
- If you owe a gangster $90,000, it's a good idea to get a cash advance on your credit card and play Texas Hold 'em in a Las Vegas casino.
- FBI agents prefer the Ford Escape.
- A Ford Edge can keep up with a Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang.
- Because of its excellent brakes, the Ford Edge is a pretty good car if you are about to get in a head-on collision with a big rig.
- Real-time satellite imagery is a great addition to GPS.
- A solar add-on can boost the mileage of the Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang to 167 mpg.
- If someone is shooting at you, make sure the computer is on.
- Don't bother shaving, even if you are going to your mother's funeral.
If you have no idea what we're talking about, you can catch the new Knight Rider on NBC this Saturday, February 23, at 9 p.m./8 p.m. Central.