Lenovo: Talk to your smart TV, get bendy with your laptop
Lenovo unveiled smart TVs with voice remote control based on Android, and then Yoga laptop-tablet hybrids based on Windows.
Lenovo launched more than 20 products and demonstrated its Android-based Smart TV at CES today.
Android 4.0, will offer high-quality video-on-demand, 3D and game support and access to applications., based on
In a demonstration during a news conference, Liu Jun, senior vice president of Lenovo's Mobile Internet and Digital Home Business Group, showed off different panels with live TV in one and video-on-demand in another. In a third panel was an app store with one-click access to game apps like "Fun Golf" and "Easy Badminton."
More impressive was the voice activated remote control that allowed him to search for relevant shows using the query "ocean."
Lenovo executives talked about the company's "four-screen strategy," comprised of PC, tablets, smartphones and TV. But executives seemed to have fun showing off a hybrid laptop-tablet device whose flexibility has earned it the nickname " "--formally known as the IdeaCentreA720. The three-pound device is a touch-enabled Windows 8-based PC that is less than one inch thick and has a 360-degree flip-and-fold design.
Also at the show, Lenovo announced:
- , an Android 4.0-based tablet that comes as two separate, interlocking pieces-- a tablet and a keyboard dock,
- , including ThinkPad T430u weighing less than 4 pounds and featuring an island-style keyboard; ThinkPad X1 Hybrid with a separate Qualcomm dual-core processor for viewing media in battery life-saving mode; and the ThinkPad Edge S430 aimed at the mid-range, small business customer,
- , a gaming desktop starting at $599,
- updates with better graphics and Blu-ray options in some cases,
- , an 11-inch ultraportable that features a next-generation Intel Atom processor and comes in different colors,
- with an as-yet unannounced Nvidia graphics chip,
- , ultrabooks with more colors and larger hard drives,
- and a , with 2GB GeForce GTX 630 graphics card option.