Documents and images purportedly from laptop maker Lenovo have turned up on several Web sites, detailing an upcoming ultrathin 13-inch laptop called the X1. From a listing on a Swiss reseller Web site and a widely distributed internal Lenovo PowerPoint presentation, we get the following list of specs, partially translated from the original German in this forum.
- Intel Core i5-2520M processor (dual-core, 2.50GHz, - 3.20GHz,)
- Max 8GB RAM
- 160GB SSD
- 13.3-inch LED 1,366 x 768 Corning Gorilla Glass 350 NITS Outdoor Panel
Intel Integrated HD Graphics
- High-definition Dolby Home Theater v4 audio
- 3G mobile broadband
- TrackPoint, UltraNav touch pad + fingerprint peader + HD-camera
- Integrated rapid charge battery, will charge 2.5x faster than previous ThinkPad batteries, charging 80-percent in 30 minutes.
- 16.5mm-21.5mm thick
The Gorilla Glass screen and rapid-charging battery sound especially interesting, although the price listed on the single reseller Web site is in Swiss francs and comes out to around $2,900, with an availability date of May 20. Leaks like this should always be taken as hearsay, especially when it comes to price and date (we expect any similarly configured laptop to cost about half that). Stay tuned and we'll bring any news on the X1 if Lenovo decides to officially announce this laptop.