Kindle DX reveals its inner self
RapidRepair has taken apart the Kindle 2 and posted pictures of the whole dismantling process.
No word on how much it costs Amazon to build the DX (read full review), but I'm sure we'll have that soon enough (anybody want to guess?). For those interested, here's a list of chips on the circuit board:
- MCIMX31LDVKN5D, M91E, CTAK0915B
- Samsung 916, K4X1G323PC-8GC3, EMA188A5
- Samsung 907, KMBLG0000M-B998
- MC13783VK5, AM86D, CTRE083B
- Samsung 840, K4M28323PH-HG75, AAH055BE
- Epson D135211B1, F09090125. E-INK
"Simply follow these steps in reverse to put your Amazon Kindle DX back together! The Kindle DX has many replaceable parts inside. In many ways this product is user serviceable."
Good to know.
Check out another picture after the break.