I don't know about you, but for me, losing that gut has always been one of my New Year's resolutions. I, it's just that after Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year, and especially CES (tons of junk food), now when I sit down, the thing is kind of in the way.
Generally it's pretty simple to stay in good shape: eat well, sleep enough, work out regularly, and reduce indulgences. However, easier said than done; you need some sort of enforcement or reminder mechanism.
This is why, this year, I am happy to find out about the Health Cubby app for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. It's a rather simple program that helps keep track of your lifestyle and exercise.
For those who like competition, the software even allows for the capability to connect to up to seven friends to compare your progress or keep tabs on one another.
The app's other features include:
- Set weekly goals for weight, cardio, strength training, vice, and measurements
- Set long-term goals for weight and measurements
- Track the healthy levels of meals by star rating
- Online Sync/Backup
- Chart weight for individuals or group
- Send and receive messages from friends
- Weight in pounds or kilograms
- Measurements in inches or centimeters
- Excel compatible e-mail reports (CSV attachment)
- Ability to store and retrieve data on next launch when the app is interrupted by a phone call
I tried out Health Cubby on my iPhone 3G and it's rather simple and fun to use. Unfortunately, it's not free but costs $5 at the Apple's AppStore. But hey, maybe you should pay that to feel like you really need to use it and start the New Year fresh.