iPhone Drag and Drop File Transfer Tool Debuts
What is perhaps the easiest-to-use computer-to-iPhone file transfer tool has debuted. File Magic, a new Mac or PC and iPhone tandem application purportedly requires only three steps.
What is perhaps the easiest-to-use computer-to-iPhone file transfer tool has debuted. File Magic, a new Mac or PC and iPhone tandem application purportedly requires only three steps:
- Launch File Magic on the desktop and the handheld. The handheld application will ask you to allow the connection.
- Drag and drop any file into the File Magic desktop and it will be transferred over Wi-Fi to the device. You will see the progress of the transfer on both the desktop and handheld applications.
- Tap the folder, then the file you wish to view on the handheld.
The application is available for both Mac OS X and WIndows XP or Vista.
Supported filetypes, including the following, can be opened on the iPhone once transferred:
- .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word)
- .htm and .html (web pages)
- .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat)
- .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .txt (text)
- .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- various music, video and image formats
The application set requires iPhone OS 2.1 or later.
File Magic for the iPhone or iPod Touch is a $5 download from the App Store. The desktop application is free.