I love free stuff, and it seems like each day brings a wealth of new free goodies to the iPhone App Store. Here's a look at five notable apps that won't cost you a cent (at least for now--some are free only temporarily, so get 'em while you can).
- 20! Top Man Things Men Must Know If you can excuse the sexist, unwieldy title, you'll find some undeniably useful information here: how to bandage a wound, perform basic CPR, fix a flat, and so on. (Note to developer: Why not call it 20 Top Things Everyone Should Know?)
- BlueSwap It's not quite PalmPilot-style beaming, but it's close. BlueSwap lets you swap contact information with other iPhone/iPod Touch users. Bluetooth makes it possible, meaning there's no need to use some third-party social network. (I haven't tried this yet, as I'm the only iPhone owner in the immediate vicinity, so if you're able to put it to the test, drop a comment.)
- C.A.R. - Accident Report Nobody likes a fender-bender, but if you absolutely positively must have one, this app will help you manage the details. It's similar to , but a little more robust.
- Droste Effect This is better seen than described, so I'll just say that if you like eye candy, you'll find this one visually tasty app. Really cool.
- Space Trader: Moon Madness If you like , which challenge you to make money rather than blast aliens, you're sure to get a kick out of Space Trader. True to its name, it casts you as a moon-based commodities broker. Buy, sell, profit. Perfect for Ferengi wanna-bes.