iPhone 3G details: Dimensions; weight; 3G chip specs
Have a look at the dimensions of Apple's updated smartphone, including weight and 3G chip specs.
- Screen: 3.5 inches (diagonal); 480x320 pixels (163 ppi)
- Input method: Multitouch
- Storage: 8GB and 16GB
- Cellular: UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Wireless data: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)UMTS/HSDPA: (850, 1900, 2100 MHz); EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
- GPS: Assisted-GPS
- Camera: 2.0 megapixels
- Battery: Talk time: Up to 5 hours on 3G; up to 10 hours on 2G; Standby time: Up to 300 hours; Internet use: Up to 5 hours on 3G; up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi; Video playback: Up to 7 hours; Audio playback: Up to 24 hours
- Dimensions: 4.5 inches by 2.4 inches by 0.48 inch (115.5 by 62.1 by 12.3 mm)
- Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)
The 3G iPhone is now listed on the online Apple Store, but it cannot yet be preordered. Instead, the store text reads: "iPhone will be available in 8GB (black) and 16GB (black or white) models at Apple Retail Stores and AT&T Stores."
Cross-posted from our sister site iPhone Atlas