At the company's Gamescom briefing earlier today, Sony made some game announcements and debuted some new information regarding the PlayStation 4's system software. Here's a list of the most noteworthy details.
- Sony has sold more than 10 million PlayStation 4s.
- Gameplay of the PS4 exclusive RPG "Bloodborne" was shown in a new trailer.
- This fall, the PS4 system update 2.0 will bring Share Play (game-sharing online with friends who don't need to own the game) as well as YouTube and other features.
- PlayStation TV will launch in North America on October 14.
- Ninja Theory, creators of "Heavenly Sword," "DmC: Devil May Cry," and "Enslaved: Odyssey to the West" announced a new first-to-PS4 game called "Hellblade."
- The PC survival-horror megahit "DayZ" is coming to PS4.
- "Rayman" and "Beyond Good & Evil" creator Michel Ancel announced a new ambitious open-world game called "Wild" that is a PS4 exclusive.
- The PS4 version of "Far Cry 4" will let players hand out "10 keys to Kyrat" that will allow other PS4 owners to try the game out for two hours in co-op mode.
- Media Molecule will bring a PS4 version of its Vita game "Tearaway" called "Tearaway Unfolded" next year.
- The horror game "Until Dawn" that seemed lost in development will now arrive on PS4 in 2015.
- Speaking of horror games, the mysterious "P.T." demo that Sony pitched as an "interactive teaser" is actually a surprise announcement of the next "Silent Hill" game that Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro are both involved with.
We'll have more from Gamescom in Germany as it breaks...