Green-tech news harvest: Stealth geothermal start-up, solar parking lots
Wrightspeed's electric car is a screamer; a dip into water monitoring investing; Evergreen Solar's big order; and the biofuels and food calculus.
- Shares of Evergreen Solar shine after $1 billion contract news--Xconomy
Evergreen Solar gets good news from big orders from Germany.
- AltaRock breaks new ground with geothermal power--Greentech Media
Geothermal power is an under-funded renewable energy source, according to MIT. Tyler Hamilton profiles Kleiner Perkins-backed AltaRock and discusses (EGS).
- Greening parking lots with solar trees--EcoGeek
A company is building solar roofing for parking lots.
- Wrightspeed to challenge Bugatti Veyron--Greentech Media
Whoa, that's fast! The all-electric Wrightspeed SR-71 will go from 0 to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds. Talk about torque.
- Water monitoring technology gets $8M boost in San Francisco, with more funds to come--VentureBeat
The area of water typically doesn't attract a lot of investment. This project aims to establish a water monitoring system
New Energy Finance finds that biofuels production is one, but not the primary factor pushing up food prices.