Green news harvest: White 'green' roofs, cutting data center energy
Wastewater treatment captures methane in Texas; solar electric roofers; and the predicted demise of concentrating PV start-ups.
- Paint it white: Cool roofs save cash and carbon - Green Wombat
My favorite low-tech solution of the week for lowering energy use. My roofer thought I was nuts when I asked about white roofs--now I'm vindicated!
- San Antonio is going green with sewage - Physorg.com
Technology treats waste water and sewage, captures methane to run the operation, and makes fertilizer.
- Four ways to reduce energy costs and environmental impact : TechRepublic Video
CNET News sister site TechRepublic runs down first steps to reducing electricity use in the data center. First step is getting a handle on the numbers.
- Solar Roofing Materials - Technology Review
To get solar roofs, solar outfit is partnering with roofing company to dispel some skepticism among builders.
- Which Concentrating Solar Companies Are Doomed? - Greentech Media
Analyst predicts that only a handful of the many concentrating photovoltaics companies will succeed. Lower silicon cell prices will sink them, and others.
- Cape Wind lands another permit - CapeCodTimes.com
Massive Cape Wind project just cleared an environmental review to add transmission lines, though it still faces opposition.
- POET welcomes Iowa's support for cellulosic ethanol - press release
POET moving ahead in plans to make ethanol from corn cobs.
- Wacky Cleantech Ideas: Electricity from the Seashore - Greentech Media: Green Light
Snapshot of a company in Scandinavia--where they are pushing clean tech hard--that is trying to harness changes in pressure in the water.
- Green The New Black In Home Remodeling - CBS News
Yet another home furnishings show highlights eco-friendly gear.