- AltaRock & Weyerhaeuser Sign Engineered Geothermal Exploration Deal - RenewableEnergyWorld.com
AltaRock, funded by Google and Kleiner Perkins, is an company drilling deep into stone to get renewable energy.
- Toyota Plugs Lithium Ion Batteries, Reluctantly - Greentech Media
A presentation from Toyota exec handicaps the different transportation technologies, including plug-in hybrids, liquid fuels, and hydrogen. Not mentioned is Toyota's rumored plans to use zinc air batteries for plug-ins.
- Toyota Releases Sustainability Report 2008, Looks to Liquid Peak - Green Car Congress
More on Toyota's plans to use alternative fuels, as part of its corporate sustainability efforts.
- Alt-chemistry battery maker PowerGenix lands a deal for electric scooters and bikes - VentureBeat
Nickel metal hydride battery designed for plug-in hybrids is finding a home in electric scooters.
- Out of Africa: New Concentrating-Solar Tech Inspired by Congo Stint - Greentech Media
Interesting profile of Canadian company that claims to reduce cost of concentrating solar power using acrylic as material.
- Republicans break with Bush on ethanol - Reuters
A proposal to shift away from government mandates on ethanol production which, along with a phase-out of MTBE additive, has been driving the market.
- Experts wary of Pickens' clean-energy plan - SF Chronicle
Some skeptical reactions to the Pickens Plan, specifically on the speed of wind turbine deployment and the shift to natural gas-powered cars.
- Scoop: Tesla's future - Autocar
Details on planned five-person plug-in hybrid sedan from Tesla, which reportedly will be the platform for future cars.
- Carbon offset developer raises $280 million: source - Reuters
Snapshot of the carbon offset marketplace with a Dubai-based fund committing to a 10-year fund despite some policy uncertainty.
Delete your photos by mistake?
Whether you've deleted everything on your memory card or there's been a data corruption, here's a way to recover those photos.