- Duke's Rogers: China besting U.S. on green tech - Triangle Business Journal:
Duke Energy recent trip to China convinces him China is blowing past the U.S. in green energy.
- Economist Energy Debate - Economist.com
The discussion focuses on how to transition to a low-carbon economy most effectively with a majority of voters saying we have the technology available now. Good to see an intelligent discussion of the right topic.
- 100 MPG Competition Sparks Innovation - Gas 2.0
I can't wait to see what comes out of this, particularly because the intention is practical cars.
- Miami's Bus Shelters Go Solar - EcoLocalizer
Solar-powered bus shelters. Reminds me of the solar-powered parking meters I saw in Italy this summer.
- Planktos Seeks New Business Ideas - Greentech Media
Here's a shocker: carbon sequestration through is an immature business model. This is an area that needs additional research and oversight.
- Presidential Problem: Americans Want Their Energy Clean AND Cheap - Environmental Capital - WSJ.com
NBC/ WSJ poll finds Americans greatly prefer wind and solar energy to stepped-up off-shore drilling. But high gas prices are a problem and clean energy costs more. So why are our policies to promote renewable energy in danger of lapsing?
- Five Inconvenient Greentech Truths - Greentech Media
Kanellos does a good job injecting some reality in the "clean tech revolution."
- Creating Realistic Expectations for Renewable Energy - Renewable Energy World
With all the attention in renewable energy comes some scam artists preying on consumer and some businesses making overblown claims.
- Suniva Enters Customer Agreement with Titan Energy Systems Valued at More Than USD$480 Million - Press release
Atlanta-based Suniva, less than a year old, lands another big contract to supply silicon solar cells.
- Lighting Science Group and Office for Visual Interaction, Inc. Awarded New York City Lights Prototyping and Engineering Contract: Financial News - Press release
Putting efficient LED lamps on municipal lighting makes a lot of sense.
Point-and-shoot quality with your phone?
Upgrade your camera photo game with these great additions.