Green news harvest: Tesla's wild ride, a better solar collector
Stirling Energy Systems' solar play in the desert; Canada's CO2 pipeline; Project Better Place in Portugal; Pennsylvania promotes clean tech.
- Putting the big in Big Solar - Green Wombat - Fortune
An excellent update, citing some serious challenges, on Stirling Energy Systems and its quest to build acres and acres of reflective dishes in the California desert.
- A Better Solar Collector - Technology Review
This is exciting technology because it can be cheaper and it allows for cool things like power-generating windows of different colors.
- Enhance plans Alberta carbon dioxide pipeline - Reuters
The CO2 from two industrial facilities will be piped and pumped underground for enhanced oil drilling. Maybe carbon storage isn't just a pipe dream.
- Tesla's wild ride - Fortune
All you wanted to know and more about the people and the making of Tesla. Slight difference of views between founder Martin Eberhard and board member Elon Musk.
- Nissan-Renault, Portugal sign deal to develop mass market for electric cars - International Herald Tribune
Project Better place strikes another deal, again with Nissan-Renault.
- Pennsylvania Passes Climate Change Act - SustainableBusiness.com
States are taking the lead in pushing renewable fuel mandates. Pennsylvania follows a broad law just approved in Massachusetts.