- Undersea Volcanic Rocks Offer Vast Repository For Greenhouse Gas, Says Study - Science Daily
"Carbon burial" at a large scale--150 years worth--could happen in undersea volcanic rock, researchers say.
- British company launches floating wind turbines off Italy - The Guardian
There are a number of floating wind turbines being developed, but Blue H says its test will be launched later this year.
- Shell and Iogen announce extended alliance to accelerate a next generation biofuel
Shell does appear to be serious about developing alternate sources of fuels. It ups its stake in Iogen to 50 percent.
- Critics Claim WEEE Failed to Deliver in First Year in U.K. - GreenerComputing
The electronic waste directive is meant to increase recycling, but administrators have run into some hitches.
- Maui algae operation will produce biodiesel for power plant - Pacific Business News (Honolulu)
A pollution-to-algae-to-biodiesel project in Hawaii gets a green light.
- NREL and Optony Collaborate on Developing Cost-Competitive Approach for Solar Electricity - Press release
The project will combine thin-film solar cells with optics from a new company, Optony, to create a concentrating photovoltaics (CPV) device with potentially cheaper electricity.
- Plan to bury climate-warming carbon unveiled - Reuters
EPA looks to create some environmental guidelines because geological sequestration of carbon dioxide is still unproven.
Here's a sampling of green-tech news with quick commentary: