- Giant kites to tap power of the high wind - The Observer
Dutch researchers show that flying kites high to generate electricity is not such a crazy idea. Google has invested in a company trying to tap high wind currents as well.
- The Godfather of the Plug-In
In a video, Michael Kanellos talks to University of California at Davis professor and plug-in pioneer Andrew Frank on why plug-in hybrids are hot.
- So Long Karsner: DOE's Assistant Secretary Bows Out - Earth2Tech
Having interviewed him and heard him speak a number of times, I'd agree that Andy Karsner is lively person with some good ideas.
- India Venture Capital - A Future Scenario - Indiainfoline.com
Indian VCs are shifting focus from IT to look at clean tech, biotech, and other sectors.
- Questions for T. Boone Pickens - In the Air - The New York Times
No, he doesn't regret funding the Swift Boat ads, but his energy plan is nonpolitical.
- Taking a broad view of 'environmentally friendly' - InvestmentNews
A rethinking of the term "clean tech" in investing circles with some opting for old-fashioned "environmental investing" because energy-focused investments are too risky.
- China poised to seize the West's clean-tech crown - BusinessGreen
While we hear a lot about environmental problems in China, a report from an environmental think tank says in the clean-energy industry.
- Ethanol industry looking up - Chicago Tribune
Prices of corn to make ethanol are easing because "some of the big money is getting out." via Biofuels Digest
- In the Hills of Nebraska, Change Is on the Horizon - The New York Times
Wherein roaming Times reporter visits wind turbines in Nebraska.
Looking for an affordable tablet?
CNET rounds up high-quality tablets that won't break your wallet.