- Chrysler plans electric vehicles, could be ready in 3-5 years - Detroit Free Press
The answer to the Chevy Volt: Chrysler is developing hybrid technology, called ENVI, for extended-range hybrid vehicles.
- Does Car-Mounted Solar Make Sense? -Technology Review
Short answer: no. A roof just doesn't have enough space to hold panels to fully charge a car's battery. But it would make you the greenest guy/gal on the block.
- Solar Startup GreenVolts to Raise Sizable Funding This Year - Earth2Tech
To build solar power plants, you need lots of money (and land). If concentrating solar start-ups don't get funding, they will likely get acquired.
- ArcelorMittal launches cleantech and carbon funds - VentureBeat
That's something new: a huge metal manufacturer launching a clean-tech fund.
- No Tax Credit, No Solar Power - Greentech Media
Talk about casting a pall over an industry. An is stopping investments in solar projects and factories, says Abengoa exec. One-year extension isn't any help either.
- Solar's hot real estate market - Fortune
On the complex "solar land rush" going on in the southwestern U.S., hot spot for solar thermal power plants.
- What Will Drive the Energy Innovation Revolution? - Dot Earth - New York Times
A debate sparked by Andrew Revkin's post where he said that the world lacks the menu of energy options. I agree with Professor Nate Lewis' comment, in calling for more R&D, that it isn't "either/or," it's "do both."
- Iraq's electricity-starved capital goes solar - Los Angeles Times
In Baghdad, where electricity is not reliable, solar-powered street lights are mostly about security.
A sampling of green-tech news and quick commentary.