- Oversupply of Silicon Worse Than Expected - Greentech Media
Expect lower solar-photovoltaic costs: good for buyers, bad for suppliers. Also note that thin-film cells are forecast to represent 25 percent of production in 2010.
- New Report Reveals Huge Variation Between Cities' Carbon Footprints - Wired Science
Cool mashup of Brookings Institute data measuring different cities' carbon footprints.
- Toyota building $192M green-car battery plant - Associated Press
The great car battery race is on in earnest: plant will make nickel metal hydride batteries now used in the Prius. Also rumored is a Toyota lithium ion battery plant.
- T. Boone Pickens' green scheme - Fortune
The legendary wildcatter (I've always wanted to say that) has a grand plan to use wind power to decrease U.S. dependence on oil.
- White House: Humans "Very Likely" Causing Warming - The Wall Street Jounal
Higher temperatures mean more energy generation is needed to cool homes and run industry, the White House concludes.
- Mounting Costs Slow the Push for Clean Coal - The New York Times
Reality check on the huge hurdles facing so-called clean coal, which involves pollution from coal power plants being pumped underground.
- Sopogy Scores $9M Funding from Omidyar, Hawaiian Investors - Earth2Tech
The Hawaiian company uses small reflective troughs to generate heat and make electricity.
The Next Big Thing
Consoles go wide and far beyond gaming with power and realism.