Google tests drone delivery, iPhone 6 may have NFC
Look up in the sky for a special delivery from Google's Project Wing, keep waiting for that "iWatch," and expect the iPhone 6 to include mobile payments with NFC.
CNET Update waits for the iDrone:
In this tech-news roundup:
- Watch the skies for Google's delivery drones, a new project brought to you by the same folks who created self-driving cars and Google Glass.
- It seems the iPhone 6 will have NFC for mobile payments. See if the reports are true on Sept. 9.
- Don't expect Santa to bring you an iWatch this year. If Apple shows off a wearable during its event, it may not arrive until 2015.
- Feast your eyes on the unusual design of the Alienware Area 51 desktop PC, featuring the new Intel Haswell-E processor.
- Say hello to the first Wii U Amiibo toys Nintendo will sell this holiday for $13 each.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.