CNET Update needs a smarter wrist:
This content is rated TV-MA, and is for viewers 18 years or older. Are you of age?
Sorry, you are not old enough to view this content.
Could Google be looking to buy WhatsApp? The latest report says Google is considering acquiring the app for $1 billion. At the end of 2012, it was said Facebook was talking about buying this popular messaging app. If it sells for $1 billion, that puts WhatsApp into the same category as Instagram, which sold to Facebook for the same amount.
Also in today's tech roundup:
- We might hear more about the next Xbox console in late May. Reports indicate that Microsoft pushed an April reveal back to May 21.
- Sony revealed that its 4K televisions, also known as Ultra HD, start at $5,000 for the 55-inch model. Well, it's certainly much less than the 85-inch $25,000 model shown at CES.
- The Mars rover Curiosity is taking a spring break, because the Sun is blocking communication with Mars for several weeks.
- Is the Pebble Watch worthy of your wrist? Read the full CNET review here.
- Also in this emerging smart-wrist category, LinkMe wants to be a scrolling LED billboard for your wrist -- if it can get the funding.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, and subscribe to the podcast via the links below.