Apple's price on the current-generation 8GB iPod Nano: $149.
J&R's price on the current-generation 8GB iPod Nano: $124.99. Amazingly, that's for a new unit, not a refurb. And there's not a rebate in sight.
The catch? You have just one color option: yellow. (Don't worry, guys: It's a manly looking yellow.) J&R does carry all the other Nano colors, but they're priced at $139.99.
There's probably not much I can say about the Nano that you don't already know. And I've embedded CNET's First Look video if you want a quick overview.
Instead, I thought I'd list a few things you can do with the $25 (er, almost $25) you stand to save:
- Save it for a rainy day. (Plenty of those to go around.)
- Get Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for $9.99 and remember the guy for what he did best.
- Get an unlocked 3G wireless modem card for your laptop for $19.99 (today only).
- Get 5 hours of classical adagios from Amazon MP3 for $2.99.
- Buy one Jamba Juice smoothie, get another one free. Man, I wish there was a Jamba Juice by my house.
Assuming you were planning to buy a Nano anyway, what would you do with an extra 25 smackers?
Whatever the case, J&R says it has limited availability of these spiffy, yellow Nanos, so if you want in on the deal, click fast.
Update: As astute reader ZephyrVolta points out, the Apple Store is currently running a special on refurbished 8GB Nano players (again, 4th-gen): $99 shipped. They carry the same one-year warranty as new models, and they're available in all colors. Much better deal, IMHO!