Over the years, LucasArts has produced some truly memorable "Star Wars" games--and, let's face it, a few clunkers.
Thankfully, most of the titles in Steam's Star Wars Collection (PC) are in the former category. And the whole bundle's on sale for just $49.99.
That's half the regular price, and less than a third of what you'd pay if you purchased each game separately. Here's the playlist, in no particular order:
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars Republic Commando
- Star Wars Starfighter
- Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
- Star Wars: Dark Forces
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack
Needless to say, there's enough gaming here to last you months, perhaps even years.
Keep in mind, though, that some of these titles are pretty old. Dark Forces, for example, dates back to 1995--and it shows. On the other hand, The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes came out less than a year ago (though most folks probably wish it hadn't; it was widely panned).
I'd say the jewels in this crown are The Force Unleashed, Empire at War, and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast--all three of which would be a pretty good buy at 50 bucks. Here's your chance to get 10 more Star Wars games for the same price.
I'm not sure how long this collection will be on sale. Steam tends to pull the plug without warning, so if you're feeling the need to get your Jedi on, act fast.
Bonus deal: In honor of the 50th anniversary of "Green Eggs and Ham," Oceanhouse Media is offering many of its fantabulous Dr. Seuss iPhone apps for 50 percent off. (They're also compatible with the iPad and iPod Touch, natch.) Get "The Lorax" for $1.99, "Gertrude McFuzz" for 99 cents, and so on. Great, great stuff.