Shortly after we told you that the
According to spokeswoman Natalie Papaj, Sprint has no plans to change the Evo's current functionality. Though Froyo includes both tethering and hot spot capabilities in its feature list, Evo customers will continue to pay $29.99 per month for the privilege of connecting up to eight Wi-Fi devices to their handset.
Papaj also offered a full list of the Evo's Froyo updates, which you can peruse for yourself below.
- Voice dialing over Bluetooth.
- Camera four-way rotation allows the camera icons to rotate with the camera.
- Capability to share applications.
- Display events and birthdays from Facebook on calendar.
- Use camera LED as flashlight.
- New user interface for the FM radio.
- Add unknown users in Facebook as friends in Friend Stream.
- Photo Gallery supports Facebook comments function.
- Send contact as vCard using text message.
- New preloaded widgets including calculator, FM radio, message list view, profile settings, and ringtone settings.
- Camcorder can use camera flash so video can be shot at night or in low light.
- Numeric PIN and alphanumeric passwords to unlock screen.
- Search widget and search bar able to switch to search in different types (Web, specific application, or all).
- Adjustable alarm volume.
- Android Market widget allows installation of applications on SD card.