And even though the San Francisco 49ers lost the game, head coach Jim Harbaugh received 98 percent more overall mentions in posts and comments than his brother and Baltimore head coach John Harbaugh.Mentions of Beyonce, who performed at halftime, started to increase just before 8 p.m. ET. By 8:22 p.m., mentions of her name had jumped nearly 49,000 percent, Facebook said. Destiny's Child's appearance with Beyonce was the eighth most-discussed moment from the night, and mentions of the group and members Kelly and Michelle jumped over 10,000 percent.
Following Beyonce's performance, many people declared she had "killed it," with the phrase jumping more than 40,000 percent.
And that leads to the third most talked-about moment -- the blackout in the Superdome. Along with people saying Beyonce killed it during her performance, they also said she killed the power at the show. Mentions of "lights" on Facebook jumped 66,000 percent at about 8:37 p.m. ET.
Meanwhile, Instagram said people shared more than 3 million photos that mentioned Super Bowl-themed words in their captions yesterday. At peak, more than 450 photos about the game were posted every second. During the halftime show, more than 200 photos per second were posted about Beyonce alone.
The Super Bowl is one of the biggest events of the year, with many people weighing in on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites. Facebook noted that last year's Super Bowl was the most talked-about sporting event on the site and the second most-mentioned event of the entire year, second only to November's presidential election.
For its report, Facebook anonymously aggregated mentions of keywords made in posts and comments throughout the game. For overall rankings, it stored by overall mentions to see which players and moments moved to the top. For percent increases of specific terms, it compared the number of mentions made at the peak of the term and compared that to the average number of baseline mentions made, prior to the game.
Here are the top moments of Super Bowl XLVII, according to Facebook:
- Ravens win the Super Bowl
- Beyonce's halftime performance
- Blackout in the Superdome
- Jacoby Jones' 108-yard kickoff return for a Ravens touchdown (and Justin Tucker's field goal kick)
- Joe Flacco's 56-yard pass to Jones for a Ravens touchdown (and Tucker's field goal kick)
- Flacco's 13-yard pass to Anquan Boldin for a Ravens touchdown (and Tucker's field goal kick)
- Frank Gore's six-yard run for a 49ers touchdown (and David Akers' field goal kick)
- Destiny's Child surprise appearance with Beyonce during the half-time show
- Ray Lewis' retirement
- Akers' field goal kick from the 27-yard line
Updated at 11:20 a.m. PT with Instagram stats.