Enter our CNET 100: Winner Techs All Contest
What will CNET's experts deem to be the most important stories in tech this year? Guess correctly and you could win big.
Editor's note: This contest is now closed. Check out our selections for the biggest stories in tech at the CNET 100.
Think you know tech? Let's find out.
Our editors are hard at work putting together the CNET 100, our annual look back at the most important developments in tech this year. In it, we will name the 100 most important stories in tech, broken into four categories: technologies, people, trends, and news events.
Here's where you come in. Guess what our editors will pick for the most important technology, trend, person, and news story in 2012, and you'll be entered into our CNET 100: Winner Techs All Contest.
Our official list doesn't launch until December 11. Meanwhile, you can take a guess at what will top that list for a chance to win $5,000*. Ready to enter? Now for the fine print about how:
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the Join the Conversation section below and hit the Add Your Comment button. If you're not already registered please do so. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Leave your entry below. Guess the No. 1 story from each of these four categories: technologies, trends, people, and news events. For example your entry could look like this: **Hint: none of these is the right answer
- Technologies: Nintendo 64
- Trends: Flash mobs
- People: Mister Rogers
- News stories: Nixon impeached
- Only your first comment with four answers will be counted as your entry. However, feel free to comment on other users' entries.
- The winner will be chosen by random drawing from all eligible participants who answered all four categories questions correctly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, December 10, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Some legalese: *NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the U.S., 18 and older, and a Registered User of cnet.com. Void where prohibited. Ends 11:59 p.m. ET on December 10, 2012. See rules for details.