Apple recommends using either Lysol Wipes or Clorox Kitchen Disinfecting wipes to clean your devices. When I worked at Apple, we used the Clorox wipes on all the store machines and they worked very well. The trick to using these wipes is to be sure that they are not too damp. You should squeeze out any excess liquid before using them. From the Apple KB Article:
- Be sure to turn off your Mac, unplug the power cord from the wall or power strip, and remove the battery from portables or wireless keyboards and mice, before you start the cleaning process.
- Use a disinfectant wipe to wipe the area first, then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth, and finally dry the area with another soft, lint-free cloth.
- Do not use disinfectant wipes containing bleach or disinfectant sprays in general.
- Do not use an extremely damp disinfectant wipe to clean the area. If you encounter a very damp wipe it may need to be squeezed to remove some of the excess liquid before use.
- Do not allow the liquid from the disinfectant wipe to sit or pool on the area being disinfected for a long amount of time.
- Do not use rough towels or cloths to dry the area.
- Do not use excess force when disinfecting the area around the keyboard; this could damage the keys.