Dell to bring Studio One 19 to Japan, U.S.
The PC maker introduces a new all-in-one desktop. Its multitouch interface is a configurable option that costs extra, as opposed to a standard feature.
On the heels of, Dell has a new all-in-one desktop to announce on Thursday. The Studio One 19 will actually hit Japan next week, with a U.S. launch set vaguely for "later this spring," according to the company.
Dell didn't get overly detailed regarding system specifications (we don't know the default configuration, for example), but here's what it mentions in the release:
- Starts at $699
- Multitouch interface option (price unknown)
- Intel Celeron, Dual Core Celeron, Pentium Dual Core, Core 2 Duo, and Core 2 Quad Core Processor options
- Choice of Nvidia GeForce 9200 or GeForce 9400 integrated graphics
- Up to 4GB dual channel memory
- Up to 750GB hard drive
- Slot load optical drive
- 7-in-1 media card reader, six USB ports
- Optional integrated wireless networking, Web cam, Blu-ray drive
- Optional facial recognition security (with Web cam)
Dell confirmed that the Studio One 19 has an 18.5-inch display. That's not bad for $699, though, as we found out earlier this week, the higher-end XPS One starts at just
We also find it interesting that the multitouch interface is a configurable option, as opposed to a standard feature. Dell can still trumpet that it now has a touch-based all-in-one to rival HP's
Touch or no, the Studio One 19 actually falls in line with the budget all-in-one trend we expect to grow this year. We've already seen low-cost models from