With Kodak and Flip Video releasing new pocket camcorders this fall, Creative will launch the next version of its Vado HD in December. Simply dubbed "third-generation" Vado HD, the new model comes in black or white and will retail for $179.99. It has 4GB of built-in memory, captures 720p HD video, and offers several improvements over previous versions.
- Improved quality of video in low light or brightly lit conditions with manual exposure adjustments
- External stereo microphone support for better audio recording
- Headphone output for private listening
- Motion Detection mode will enable users to program the camera to begin recording as soon as motion is detected
- Out-of-the box Mac and PC compatibility
- Still Photo Capture Mode
- New Vado Central 3.0 software with more instant Web-uploading capabilities (Facebook, YouTube, Kinkast) and integrated editing options