Congrats to Russell B. of Nashua, N.H., for winning a $250 gift certificate to Rakuten.com Shopping in last week's giveaway. This week, we've got two prizes for the price of none.
SanDisk is giving away two tiny flash-based storage devices -- the SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive and the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive. The new supercompact drives are the first Wi-Fi-enabled storage devices from the flash memory maker. Both have a built-in battery and a 802.11n Wi-Fi network, and support multiple Wi-Fi clients at a time.
The Connect Wireless Flash has no internal storage, but instead comes with a microSD slot that accommodates a 16GB or 32GB microSD card (you'll be getting a 16GB version). When plugged in to a computer, the device charges its internal battery for some four hours of wireless usage.
The Connect Wireless Media -- the bigger of the cousins, though still plenty small at 2.6 inches by 2.6 inches by just over half an inch -- supports up to eight Wi-Fi devices at a time (with five concurrent HD streams) and offers long battery life, up to eight hours. The device comes in 32GB or 64GB versions and has a standard SD card slot (you'll be getting the 32GB version).
If you want to find out more more about the Connect Wireless Media Drive, read this review by CNET networking expert Dong Ngo, who says that among other things, the device is "great for photographers who want to quickly view or share photos on large screens or with others."
Normally, a 16GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive and a 32GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive would cost you $130, but here's your chance to get them both for free. How? Like this:
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive two (2) SanDisk flash-based storage devices, with a retail value of $130.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, September 2, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, September 2, 2013.for details.