Crave giveaway: Swann MP3 DJ Doorbell
Say goodbye to the boring old doorbell. This wireless, customizable gadget plays the tune of your choice when visitors arrive. And it's free -- music to anyone's ears.
First off, congrats to Harold M. of Charlotte, N.C., for winning a pair of San Francisco-themed V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones in last week's Crave giveaway. And now... ding-dong! Who's that at the door? Why, it's this week's prize, a Swann MP3 DJ Doorbell. The wireless, customizable gadget turns any song you want into your doorbell chime.
The product has two main battery-powered components: a doorbell unit backed with double-sided tape for easy mounting in your doorway and a speaker unit for mounting with the included screws up to 330 feet away. The bell comes with 32 built-in tones, and you can add a removable SD card up to 32GB (not included) to store up to 10,000 tracks, transferable via the included USB cable. You'll also get editing software so you don't have to listen to every last note of "Ring My Bell."
Normally, a Swann MP3 DJ Doorbell would cost you $49.99, but you have the chance to score one for free. So how do you turn your doorbell into a personal DJ that caters to your every musical mood? Well, there are a few rules, so please listen up.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Swann MP3 DJ Doorbell with a retail value of $49.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, July 2, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, July 2, 2012.for details.