Crave giveaway: Sonic-connect 2 portable media alert
This little USB device from Sonic Alert lets you cut through the communication noise and get instant alerts only for those e-mail, IM, Skype, and Outlook messages you deem important.
If you're the sort who likes (or needs) to be connected to the goings-on at your desk all day, this week's prize will help ensure you never miss a message from your important contacts.
The Sonic-connect 2, a portable USB device from Sonic Alert, functions like caller ID for your computer, alerting you to select Skype, e-mail, instant messaging, and MS Outlook calendar and task notifications via any combination of customizable alert options, such as flashing lights, rings, or vibrations.
Chances are your mobile devices already keep you plenty connected to e-mails, IMs, tweets, Facebook messages, Instagram photos, and interstellar transmissions from. Using Sonic Alert software, this device lets you cut through all the random pings and pongs, and rank contacts so you can be alerted to only those from certain VIPs, like your boss. The gadget is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Normally, a Sonic Alert Sonic-connect 2 would run you $49.95, but you have the chance to get it for free. How? There are a few rules, so please step away from all those important communications for just a moment and read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Sonic Alert Sonic-connect 2, with a retail value of $49.95.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, April 29, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, April 29, 2013.for details.